An Atheist is a person who does not have a belief in any god or gods and/or rejects the possibility of them. They are the opposite of theists, who believe in at least one god.
- In the original Scribblenauts, the atheist appeared as an old man dressed in robes. This character is now the philosopher in Scribblenauts Unlimited.
- In Super Scribblenauts, the atheist is represented by a young man in a black t-shirt that bears a skull symbol. This shirt is now worn by the goth in Scribblenauts Unlimited.
- In Scribblenauts Remix, the atheist is visually unchanged from Super Scribblenauts.
- In Scribblenauts Unlimited, the young man's shirt is plain black, without the skull.
Just like other human NPCs, an atheist becomes frightened when attacked and eats food. Like other religion-themed objects, the atheist is near-invincible. They can be killed by the Grim Reaper or a weapon with the adjective deadly on it.
- In Scribblenauts, atheists fear god but appear ambivalent to other deities.
- In Super Scribblenauts and Scribblenauts Remix, the atheist will instantly kill god and most deities, and remove the adjective godly from people.
- In Scribblenauts Unlimited, the atheist fears all deities, and will run from them.