Creature, Scary, Evil
Aggressive to all living things, turns them into stone.
Medusa, Naga, Gorgon
Medusa (also known as Gorgon) is a monster from Greek mythology, said to being able to turn people to stone, after just looking them in the eyes.
- Baba Yaga
- Burning Man
- Frost Giant
- Jenny Greenteeth
- Mister Hyde
- Red Cap
- Spring Heeled Jack
- In Scribblenauts Level A3-9, Medusa came out of the oil lamp.
- Medusa can turn any creature that looks at it to stone, except for Maxwell and creatures with the blind adjective. In Super Scribblenauts and beyond, they turn petrified.
- After Medusa has been defeated, her head can be picked up and used to turn enemies to stone.
- If she looks at a mirror, she'll turn herself into stone.
- If you equip Medusa with a blindfold, she will be unable to petrify people.
- If you increase vision, with farsighted, or omnipresent/omniscient, then Medusa will petrify farther. This is the opposite of blind, or nearsighted. Colorblind seems to give a bit more time.
- In Super Scribblenauts, if you summon Medusa and her synonym Gorgon, Gorgon will always turn Medusa to stone, and never vice versa.
- In Scribblenauts Unmasked, Cheetah will transformed into a giant Medusa on the mission Wonder Woman vs. Cheetah at Themyscira.
- Using an Elixir of Life, "resurrective elemental," or anesthesia can cause a petrified object to come alive, but they can only float if they fly and show emotion. An aggressive object will have a different attack animation.
- If you put an animal (ape works best) and drag it before it turns to stone, it will be petrified without the texture.
- Using a freeze ray on an object after it has been petrified, then heating it up will cause it to become the normal object after heating it. Any adjectives that were on the object will also become erased.