When dropped, interacted with, or destroyed, it will create an explosion that eliminates everything in the level/map, including Maxwell and any invincible object(s). The detonation period is 4.9 seconds. Nuclear bombs are extremely fragile, only able to withstand one bullet from a gun.
In Scribblenauts Unlimited, the nuclear bomb functions much differently from the previous games, as it does not kill everything and does not end the level. Instead, it will only instantly destroy things near it. When activated, it will explode, leave behind a large mushroom cloud, the screen will fade into white for a few seconds and anything within the nuke's radius will be given the glowing and toxic adjective.
- After exploding, things in the area of the explosion gets the glowing and toxic adjectives.
- The nuclear bomb is completely useless, since it brings destruction to everything, including the player.
- As its synonym states, apocalypse and atomic bomb which destroys everything in the map with its devastating effect, including the Starite, Atomic Bomb Shelter and such.
- When a terrorist is spawned near a nuclear bomb he will use (detonate) it and start running.
- It is possible to win a mission while the nuclear bomb is activated. The starite will spawn into Maxwell's hand.
- Epic Fail is a reference to Failblog.org The synonym Epic Fail is classed as an Internet meme.
- Spawn a cloud, glue, large air vent, and a nuclear bomb. First, glue the glue to the top of the cloud and add the large air vent on top of the cloud. Then, drag the contraption near the top of the screen, but not too high. Lastly, place the nuclear bomb over the large air vent. You will hear an explosion but the limit par goes down two spaces. Reuse until it's empty to have unlimited space. Excessive objects in the game will cause lag and eventually freeze the game. This glitch seems to be fixed in Super Scribblenauts, as the nuclear bomb can still eliminate everything.
- When there are multiple nuclear bombs and one of the nukes explodes, they don't seem to explode at the same time. Only after the first explosion in a few seconds will the nuclear bombs explode. They are also invincible when timer is on.
- When the nuclear bomb is interacted then dragged anywhere, it is still in countdown and can explode. It doesn't work in Super Scribblenauts due to it stopping the countdown when dragged somewhere else.