|This article is a featured article on the Scribblenauts Wiki!|
Tool, Special, Noequip
Pre-Unlimited: teleports the player to a secret level.
Post-Unlimited: adds a 8mm film effect on the screen.
The Time Machine is one of many Easter eggs in the Scribblenauts games. It is known to transport the player to various places in time.
Differently from the other games, you can actually ride this object. When you interact with this object the screen will flash, and teleport the player to three different levels.
There are five different levels that can be manually accessed and two random secret levels, both of which are triggered rarely. The first secret level is presumably going to the past to the first level of Scribblenauts (with a Starite that is collectable), while the second has Maxwell seeing another Maxwell use another Time Machine.
Completing all levels in challenge mode seems to increase the chances of getting the secret levels in the time machine (about one in every ten tries).
The time machine will reset the level.
Scribblenauts Unlimited and Scribblenauts UnmaskedEditThe time machine doesn't take you anywhere. Instead, it makes the screen have a sepia coloring, plays a piano music, and places a moustache and a top hat on your avatar as if you are in an old movie.
Same as in Unlimited.
Time Machine RoomsEdit
|Medieval Age||This room contains a princess, a king, a queen, a knight, and a War Horse. There are immovable drawbridges. A throne is at the far end of the right room guarded by a warlock.|
|Dinosaur Age||This room takes you to the dinosaur age. There are several herbivorous dinosaurs; which are a brontosaurus, a charonosaurus, a stegosaurus, and a normal dinosaur.|
|Space Age||A place with an alien, four Robots , and a hostile cyborg fighting the robots.|
|Time Warp 1/Dinosaur Age||A remake of the original dinosaur age room in Scribblenauts. It features an azure compsognathus, a stuffed brontosaurus, pterodactyl and a dinosaur egg. To the right of the room is an invincible tyrannosaurus and invincible triceratops fighting each other.|
|Time Warp 2/Ancient Egypt||This room takes you during Ancient Egypt. To the centre of the room is Julius Caesar and Cleopatra walking around the obelisk. To the left of the room is a pharaoh, sarcophagus and a pyramid. To the right of the room is a camel, sultan, merchant and another pyramid.|
|Time Warp 3/Medieval Age||A remake of the original medieval age room in Scribblenauts. To the left is a tan circus, vegetable stand, Pied Piper, small pillory, well, and a squire near a tower. To the right is a knight walking to the large fort, a jouster on a War Horse and a king.|
|Time Warp 4/Wild West||To the left of the room is a chief, tepee and fur trader. To the centre is a cowgirl, armory, a cowboy on a tamed horse and a graveyard. To the right of the room is an invincible sheriff and invincible highwayman fighting each other with revolvers between an invincible cactus.|
|Time Warp 5/Possible Future||To the left of the room is a smoking invincible flaming transmission tower debris, skull, Rocking Horse and some rubble. To the centre of the room is a flaming smoking invincible Trailer Park, Cole Phillips with a carbine fighting with a cyborg with a Plasma Rifle between a flaming invincible Telephone Pole. To the right of the room is a metal android with a plasma rifle.|
|Secret Warp 1/A1-1||The same action level 1-1 from the original Scribblenauts. This level can appear as a Time Machine warp area in Super Scribblenauts, but the chances are extremely low (4.5% or less). To find all 121 Starites, Maxwell must visit this area. This version features Maxwell from the previous game. It looks like a normal Maxwell, and it briskly steps to the left and right. It can be modified with adjectives, but it can't be identified with Identify Mode or spawned normally. The secret starite sits on the tree.||
|Secret Warp 2/Outer Universe||An ever rarer chance (less than 4.5%) on getting this room. There is the time machine you came out of, and another time machine next to it. It also features a past version of Maxwell, who runs from off-screen to the other time machine and transports away. After a few seconds later, the time machine explodes.||
- The time machine in Super Scribblenauts may be the only Easter egg to have another Easter egg in it.
- In Super Scribblenauts if you get to the scenario with two time machines, and try to identify the other time machine, the lens will not detect it.
- The secret levels in Scribblenauts are shown as T0-1, while in Super Scribblenauts they are shown as A1-1.
- In Super Scribblenauts, if any adjective is applied to a Time Machine and then another Time Machine is used to warp away, then the other Time machine will have whatever adjectives your one has when you come back.
- Most of the normal levels in Super Scribblenauts (All but Egypt) have 2 characters fighting each other. In the Medieval stage, the knight on the warhorse will always kill the other knight, whereas in the others both are invincible.
- In Scribblenauts Unlimited and Scribblenauts Unmasked you can find an unused sprite fort the Time Machine. It looks exactly like it's first sprite in Scribblenauts.
- In Scribblenauts, drag the teleporter as soon as you teleport with the teleporter. It will create a colour loop (temporary) and sound loop glitch. If you destroy it and summon a new one will have no effect. This glitch seems to be fixed in Super Scribblenauts, as you cannot drag out objects when in use.