|This article is a featured article on the Scribblenauts Wiki!|
The time machine is one of many Easter eggs in the Scribblenauts games. It is known to transport the player to various places in time. Anything that the player is holding will be transported as well.
In Super Scribblenauts, there are five different levels that can be manually accessed and two random secret levels, both of which are triggered rarely. The first secret level is presumably going to the past to the first level of Scribblenauts (with a Starite that is collectable), while the second has Maxwell seeing another Maxwell use another Time Machine.
In Scribblenauts Remix, the time machine will reset the playground.
In Scribblenauts Unlimited, the time machine doesn't take you anywhere. Instead, it makes the screen have a sepia coloring, plays old-fashioned music, and places a moustache and a top hat on your avatar as if you are in an old movie. Destroyed something that was there before you used the time machine and returning to the present will cause the disappearance of the object. You will encounter one during The Saurus Park.
Description of the rooms
- Medieval age: This room contains a princess, a king, a queen, a knight, and a War Horse. There are immovable drawbridges. A throne is at the far end of the right room guarded by a warlock.
- Dinosaur age: This room takes you to the dinosaur age. There are several herbivorous dinosaurs; which are a brontosaurus, a charonosaurus, a stegosaurus, and a normal dinosaur.
- Space age: A place with an alien, four Robots , and a hostile cyborg fighting the robots.
- Time Warp 1/Dinosaur age: A remake of the original dinosaur age room in Scribblenauts. It features an azure compsognathus, a stuffed brontosaurus, pterodactyl and a dinosaur egg. To the right of the room is an invincible tyrannosaurus and invincible triceratops fighting each other.
- Time Warp 2/Ancient Egypt: This room takes you during Ancient Egypt. To the centre of the room is Julius Caesar and Cleopatra walking around the obelisk. To the left of the room is a pharaoh, sarcophagus and a pyramid. To the right of the room is a camel, sultan, merchant and another pyramid.
- Time Warp 3/Medieval age: A remake of the original medieval age room in Scribblenauts. To the left is a tan circus, vegetable stand, Pied Piper, small pillory, well, and a squire near a tower. To the right is a knight walking to the large fort, a jouster on a War Horse and a king.
- Time Warp 4/Wild West: To the left of the room is a chief, tepee and fur trader. To the centre is a cowgirl, armory, a cowboy on a tamed horse and a graveyard. To the right of the room is an invincible sheriff and invincible highwayman fighting each other with revolvers between an invincible cactus.
- Time Warp 5/Possible future: To the left of the room is a smoking invincible flaming transmission tower debris, skull, Rocking Horse and some rubble. To the centre of the room is a flaming smoking invincible Trailer Park, Cole Phillips with a carbine fighting with a cyborg with a Plasma Rifle between a flaming invincible Telephone Pole. To the right of the room is a metal android with a plasma rifle.
- A1-1: The same action level 1-1 from the original Scribblenauts. This level can appear as a Time Machine warp area in Super Scribblenauts, but the chances are extremely low (4.5% or less). To find all 121 Starites, Maxwell must visit this area. This version features Maxwell from the previous game. It looks like a normal Maxwell, and it briskly steps to the left and right. It can be modified with adjectives, but it can't be identified with Identify Mode or spawned normally. The secret starite sits on the tree.
- Outer Universe: An ever rarer chance (less than 4.5%) on getting this room. There is the time machine you came out of, and another time machine next to it. It also features a past version of Maxwell, who runs from off-screen to the other time machine and transports away. After a few seconds later, the time machine explodes.
- The time machine in Super Scribblenauts may be the only easter egg to have another easter egg in it.
- In Scribblenauts, the time machine can be interacted with and mounted. However, in ''Super Scribblenauts, it is time warped.
- In Super Scribblenauts if you get to the scenario with two time machines , and try to identify the other time machine, the lens will not detect it.
- The secret levels in Scribblenauts are shown as University T0-1, while in Super Scribblenauts they are shown as A1-1.
- In Super Scribblenauts, if any adjective is applied to a Time Machine and then another Time Machine is used to warp away, then the other Time machine will have whatever adjectives your one has when you come back (or none, if yours has none).
- Most of the normal levels in Super Scribblenauts (All but Egypt) have 2 characters fighting each other. In the Medieval stage, the knight on the warhorse will always kill the other knight, whereas in the others both are invincible.
- In Super Scribblenauts, completing all levels in challenge mode seems to increase the chances of getting the secret levels in the time machine (About one in every ten tries)
- In Super Scribblenauts, if you get a Mad Scientist activating a LHC, if you time travel in the time, a Black Hole appears, you will get into the time warp you chose, but when you go back to the present, the Black Hole will push you and the Time Machine will kill you. Later you can't go to the Sandbox, or you will be killed again by the Black Hole.
- In Scribblenauts, drag the teleporter as soon as you teleport with the teleporter. It will create a colour loop (temporary) and sound loop glitch. If you destroy it and summon a new one will have no effect. This glitch seems to be fixed in Super Scribblenauts, as you cannot drag out objects when in use.